Welcome to the Jacqueline Shaw website, a fully-owned subsidiary of Carla Jewellery UK Limited. By continuing to use this website, you are indicating that you accept these Terms & Conditions of use.
You can print out any page from this website, including the Terms & Conditions, by selecting Print from the File menu of your internet browser.
- "We" and "us" means Jacqueline Shaw Jewellery UK Limited.
- "You" means the person using the website.
- "The contract is agreed" means that by completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. An acceptance email from us confirms that the contract is formed.
- "Working days" means all days other than Saturdays, Sundays and English statutory and public holidays.
- By using the website to buy goods online, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under 18, that you are accessing the website with the consent of your parent or guardian.
We own the copyright to all the contents of this website, including images. All trademarks and other intellectual property are owned or licensed by us (unless otherwise specified) or are the property of third parties offering goods for sale through this website.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of the website without prior written consent from us (except as stated below).
You may print or download any page(s) for your own personal and non-commercial use only. If you have any doubts about what you can do, please go to our Contact Us page to apply for permission to reproduce the website.
While we keep our website as accurate and current as possible, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors beyond our reasonable control. We cannot guarantee that colours in our images will be rendered correctly on all computer monitors and devices; the colour of actual items may differ from how it appears on your screen. The product dimensions supplied are intended to give an approximate indication of the size of individual products. Products shown may not be actual size.
- You shall not use the website in any way that will damage it or interrupt its provision.
- You shall not use the website to transmit or post any computer viruses.
- We cannot guarantee that the website is free from computer viruses, and you should take your own precautions in this respect.
- We will try to make sure that the website is always available. However, this is not always possible, and we are not liable if the website is unavailable.
Third Party e-Commerce
The website may contain links to other websites; these external websites are not under our control. We cannot be held responsible for such websites and cannot make any guarantees about them. We provide these links because we think they might interest you, but we do not monitor or endorse these other websites.
Termination of the Website or Services
We reserve the right to terminate the website or remove any of the services on it with immediate effect at any time, for example if:
- there is a change in the law that limits our ability to provide the website.
-- an event beyond our control stops us providing the website (e.g.: technical difficulties).
Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions of use from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting the new Terms & Conditions of use on the website. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms & Conditions of use, please stop using the website. Your continued use of the site will be deemed your acceptance of any such revised Terms & Conditions.
We take no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of our order online service, or goods supplied using it, except as required by law, even if we could have foreseen the loss, or the possibility of it was brought to our attention.
We remain liable for:
-loss, damage, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence,
- fraudulent misrepresentations, and
- the quality of our goods.
These Terms & Conditions of use are governed by the laws of England, and you and we agree to use the English courts if there is any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions of use is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods that, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. An acceptance email from us confirms that the contract is formed.
By using the website to buy goods online, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old, or, if you are under 18, that you are accessing the website with the consent of your parent or guardian.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions section for instructions on how to order.
By completing and submitting an electronic order form, you are making an offer to purchase goods that, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Please note orders will only be despatched once we have authorisation from your payment card issuer. We will not be liable if there is a delay, and we will not accept your order if payment is not authorised.
Certain steps must be followed for a contract to be formed, as described below. After you have placed your order:
- We will send you, as soon as possible, an email to acknowledge your order. It will confirm which goods you have ordered. This email is not an order acceptance from us.
- When we despatch your goods from the warehouse, we will send you a confirmation email. This means we formally accept the order and are obliged to complete the contract.
We are not obliged to accept all orders and may refuse your order if any of the following occur:
- Your payment is not authorised.
- There is an error on our website regarding the price or other details of the goods.
- You have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions.
We reserve the right to refuse any order with or without any reason.
Cancelling an Order before Dispatch
If you change your mind after placing an order, you are free to cancel it at any time before we despatch it. Please telephone us to cancel your order. You will need to give us your name and address details, as well as your order number.
If you cancel part of an order, the postage and packaging charge is recalculated according to the price of the remaining items in your order. For example, if you are entitled to free delivery only for orders of £80 and above and your order is originally for £80 worth of goods and you then cancel a £35 item, your order total will drop below £50, and you will no longer qualify for the free delivery.
All orders for items in stock are dispatched to you within 48 hours via Royal Mail First Class delivery. An email will be sent to you to notify that the order has been dispatched. For orders within the UK, all packing and postage are free. Orders shipped outside the UK with a value of £80 or more come with free packing & shipping, while for orders shipped outside the UK with a value less than £80 incur a charge of £15 for packing and delivery.
You can also place an order for items that are temporarily out of stock. In this case we expect to dispatch the item to you within 12 - 15 working days. We will notify you by email when the item is dispatched to you, and it should arrive within three working days.
Please note that all shipping outside the European Union might be subject to importation tax. Jacqueline Shaw Jewellery UK Ltd. does not take responsibility for such additional tax charges. Please consult the taxation office of your country for relevant information.
Cooling Off Period
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period after dispatch, during which you can return your goods without any penalty. Our cooling off period is 14 days, which includes any statutory cooling off period.
This period begins the day after your order is delivered, and ends 14 days later.
Returns and Refund Policy
If you wish to return an item you have purchased from Jacqueline Shaw, you have a duty to keep the item in your possession and to ensure it remains in perfect condition until you return it. Goods must be returned in their original condition, including immediate packaging, within the cooling off period. (Due to hygiene reasons, in keeping with standard industry policy, we cannot accept returns of pierced earrings.)
Please take the following steps if you wish to return any purchase:
- Notify us within 14 days of receiving your goods via post, telephone or email.
- Return the goods unused and in their original condition by post within five working days of contacting us with the original presentation case and any other paper/materials provided.
- Obtain a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office.
- We strongly recommend that you insure the goods with Royal Mail for return, as we are unable to process a refund until we receive the returned goods in new condition. When you post the item, please avoid describing them as "pearl jewellery" as such would encourage theft. Please refer to them as "accessories".
- Within 10 working days of receipt of the goods, we will either process your refund or replace the item according to your requirements. Please note that we can only issue your refund on the same credit card that you used to make the purchase. We cannot control the time it takes your card issuer to credit your account.
- If the goods you received were substitute goods, damaged in any way or of unsatisfactory quality, we will compensate the cost of return postage. If the package or goods are damaged, please also report this to the Royal Mail upon delivery or as soon as possible thereafter.
In the unlikely event that you receive faulty goods, please follow the procedures outlined on our returning an item section above. Your statutory rights are not affected. Further information on your statutory rights can be found at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
Returning a Gift
Refunds for any purchase, including gifts, can only be made to the same payment card used to purchase the goods. No refund can be issued to the recipient of a gift, only to the purchaser. We will instead exchange the unwanted item for a Jacqueline Shaw gift card credited to the value of the gift. A Jacqueline Shaw gift card can only be used on the Jacqueline Shaw website.
Pricing and Payment
Prices throughout the website are quoted in pounds sterling. Prices include VAT. Some comparisons to earlier higher selling prices may refer to prices which included VAT at the previous higher rate of 17.5% as opposed to the new lower rate of 15%. We do not charge for packaging costs, and we offer free shipping for all orders shipped with the UK. Overseas orders for more than £80 are also eligible for free shipping.
We make every effort to ensure that the goods shown on our website are currently available at the price shown; however, we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. If goods you have ordered are temporarily out of stock or otherwise unavailable, we will notify you as soon as possible.
In the event that the price of an item changes, you will still be charged the price that was correct on the day of your order.
If a pricing error is made on our website or in the ordering process, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of buying the goods at the correct price or cancelling the order. Your order will be cancelled if we cannot get in contact with you to notify you of the error.
Your payment card will be debited for your order on the day that we despatch your goods.
Special Offers Terms & Conditions
- Free gift offers are valid only while stocks last.
- If you return an item that came with a free gift under our 14 day cooling off period, you must return both the item you paid for and the free gift. Your legal rights remain unaffected.
- Free gifts cannot be exchanged or returned for refund. Your legal rights remain unaffected.
- Where an offer mentions that an item is reduced in price (for example, half price), the discount will be calculated at checkout before any postage or packaging charges are applied.
Changes to Terms & Conditions for Buying Goods On This Website
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions for buying goods online from time to time. If this happens, we will notify you by posting the new Terms & Conditions for buying goods online on the website. If you do not wish to be governed by the revised Terms and Conditions for buying goods online, you must not place any further orders. Your continued use of the website indicates your agreement to any revised Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions for buying goods online are governed by the law of England, and you agree to use the English courts in the event of any dispute between us.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions for buying goods online is found to be invalid by law, the rest of them remain valid and enforceable.